Contact us for more personalized solutions.

Schedule a meeting with one of our licensed agents and we’ll customize a plan to meet all of your needs.

Frequently Asked Questions

What am I actually covered for on my auto policy?

Financial Protection:

  • Bodily Injury Liability: Pays if you hurt someone in an auto accident.
  • *Property Damage Liability: Pays if you damage someone else’s property in an auto accident.

Driver and Passenger Protection:

  • Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: Pays if an uninsured or underinsured driver injures you or your
  • “Stacked” is your selected limit multiplied by the number of cars on your policy.
  • *Personal Injury Protection: Pays if you or your passengers are injured in an auto accident.

Protect your Vehicle:

  • Comprehensive: Covers damage caused by something other than another vehicle such as hail, theft, or
    collision with an animal.
  • Collision: Covers damage to your vehicle caused by impact with an object other than an animal.

Additional Coverages:

  • Rental Reimbursement: Provides coverage for rental car costs to temporarily replace an insured auto
    due to a covered loss.
  • Roadside Assistance: provides payment for an authorized service representative to provide (1) towing of
    a covered disabled vehicle to the nearest qualified repair facility and (2) labor on a covered disabled
    vehicle at the place of disablement when necessary due to a covered emergency.
  • Payoff: If you have a loan/lease on a vehicle, this pays the difference between the actual cash value of
    the vehicle at the time of a total loss. You must have Comprehensive and Collision Coverage.
  • Note: * Indicates what is required coverage by the State of Florida for all drivers.

How long does a ticket or accident affect my driving record and insurance prices?

The length of time a ticket or accident affects your driving record and insurance prices can vary based on the insurance company. In general, most carriers pull the driving record of the past five years. However, the impact on your insurance prices may lessen over time, especially if you maintain a clean driving record after the incident.

Do I need a Wind Mitigation report?

Wind Mitigation reports are not required but highly recommended if you have had a reroof after 2002. Most discounts are obtained off this report as it tells the insurance company how secure your roof is attached to the house and if you have any hurricane clips or opening protection. Citizens requires a wind mitigation report be dated within 5 years. You can contact any licensed home inspector to complete this report for you.

Why is insurance so high in Florida?!

Several factors contribute to the high cost of insurance in Florida:

  1. Weather-related risks: Florida is prone to hurricanes, tropical storms, and other severe weather events, leading to higher property insurance costs to cover potential damage.
  2. High population density: With a large population concentrated in coastal areas, the risk of property damage and accidents increases, leading to higher insurance rates.
  3. Litigious environment: Florida has a higher-than-average rate of lawsuits related to personal injury and property damage, leading to higher liability insurance costs.
  4. Insurance fraud: Florida has experienced issues with insurance fraud, particularly in the areas of personal injury protection (PIP) and property insurance, which can drive up costs for insurers and policyholders.
  5. Building codes: Florida’s stringent building codes, particularly for properties in high-risk areas, can lead to higher construction costs and, subsequently, higher insurance premiums.
  6. State regulations: Florida’s insurance market is heavily regulated, which can affect pricing and availability of insurance products.

These factors, among others, contribute to the overall high cost of insurance in Florida compared to other states. Talk to us about ways you can save!

Does my homeowner’s policy cover flood?

No, flood is an excluded peril on homeowners insurance and you would need a separate policy. The definition of flood coverage is loss due to rising water. Flood insurance is highly recommended for every homeowner in Florida, as our State is surrounded by water and very prone to flooding. Over 1/3 of all individuals seeking Federal Disaster Assistance for flood events do not live in a designated flood area.

What is a 4-point inspection and where do I get one?

A 4-Point inspection is a specialized type of home inspection that focuses on the four main areas of the property: the roof, electrical system, plumbing system, and HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system. This type of inspection is often required by insurance companies for homes older than 20 years. Citizens requires a 4-Point inspection be dated within the year. You can contact any licensed home inspector to complete this report for you.

Have another question?

Our team is here to help! Reach out to us today for personalized guidance and expert advice. Your peace of mind is our priority, and we’re committed to providing you with the information and support you need to make informed decisions. Contact us now to speak with one of our insurance specialists and get the answers you’re looking for!